Torresen Marine, Inc. Online Privacy & Security Policy
Updated: August 21, 2007
Marine Diesel Direct and Torresen Sailing Site are service marks of Torresen Marine Inc., providing sailing information and sailing products worldwide. Torresen Marine Inc., in business for more than 40 years, is a full service sailboat yard, specializing in sailboat sales, service and storage. Although located in the United States, our shipping and warehousing facilities serve customers in more than 75 countries around the globe. The policies listed here are the same as those in effect on all parts of our site so you can be assured of privacy and security no matter where you browse on the Torresen Sailing Site family of web sites.
1. The majority of visitors to the Marine Diesel Direct and Torresen Marine web sites are not required to give any personal information in order to use many features on the sites. You can access our home page at www.torresen.com, www.marinedieseldirect.com and other Torresen Marine, Inc. operated domains and browse much of the site without disclosing personal data (name, address, payment information, etc). We only collect personal data such as your name, email address, phone number and similar information with your knowledge and consent when you volunteer this information through an online form or email to us.
2. We capture general information about visits to our site to analyze general traffic patterns (e.g. what features are the most popular).
3. When you place an order for goods or services we collect address, payment and contact information necessary to correctly deliver your package and contact you with updates about your order. With correct information we can give you a superior level of service. This information is also retained so that when you use our services in the future you will not need to manually reenter all of your information.
4. We collect the personal data that you volunteer via online registrations, orders, surveys, contests or by e-mail.
5. The Marine Diesel Direct and Torresen Marine, Inc. web site may use e-mail and regular mail address information collected for occasional mailings related to Torresen Marine and our affiliated products and events. You may always opt out of these mailings by contacting our privacy assurance coordinator, Kathleen Torresen at email@example.com
The Torrresen Sailing Site does collect email addresses at its site for subscription to periodically published email newsletters. This collection of addresses and their use is strictly on an opt-in basis. This means that a user must specifically request to receive these mailings and we will not send these mailings out to anyone who does not specifically ask for it.
6. Torresen Marine does not sell, trade, exchange or give away any of our mailing lists or customer information databases. Any personal information you supply to us, including e-mail addresses, postal mailing addressees, names, phone numbers or demographic information, remains with us. In the case that our business structure, operating procedure or ownership changes it is possible that any part of this policy and the information it covers could change. (See section 11 for information about how to be informed of such changes.) Any collected personal data and information will not be disclosed to state institutions or legal authorities except under court order or when required by law.
7. Should you not wish to receive mailings from Torresen Marine please notify our privacy assurance coordinator, Kathleen Torresen at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. For orders placed via Torresen Sailing Site's online store, credit card information is transmitted using encryption. Torresen Marine has not had a reported case of credit card interception in more than 12 years of selling sailing products over the Internet.
9. Should you have any comments, questions or suggestions please notify our privacy assurance coordinator, Kathleen Torresen at email@example.com
10 If you have concerns about the accuracy of information submitted or stored related to your account, please notify our privacy assurance coordinator, Kathleen Torresen at firstname.lastname@example.org . Upon request we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal-data, which we keep about you. We will provide the information within ten business days.
11. Like any business policy, this policy will change from time to time as business conditions, ownership and technologies change. If you would like to be informed when this policy changes, please write to our privacy assurance coordinator, Kathleen Torresen at email@example.com