Return to the Torresen Marine Home Page

Racing Cancelled Again

Valencia, Spain. After waiting in vain for more than two hours, the Louis Vuitton Cup Race Committee sent the fleet back to shore without racing after the wind once again failed to reach suitable levels for racing.

The schedule for tomorrow remains the same as today. BMW ORACLE Racing will meet the Swedish Victory Challenge team and the Italian Luna Rossa Challenge team – weather permitting.

Ross Halcrow, genoa trimmer, quotes: “The weather outlook for tomorrow does not look too promising. We give it a 50-50 chance of getting one flight of matches away. But it does look as if the weather will start to improve after that.

“I have sailed in a lot of regattas around the world, but I have never lost so many days before. Usually, however, you are doing regattas in season. At the moment in Valencia, we are still out of season.

“We made good use of our time today. We tested three new asymmetrical spinnakers and also did some upwind sailing, so we got some good work achieved, despite the conditions.“

Share or bookmark this story:
[Digg] [Reddit] [] [Facebook] [Technorati] [Google] [StumbleUpon]

This entry was posted on Monday, April 23rd, 2007 at 4:47 pm and is filed under Main Stories. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.