Just Say No To Ether
Galley cooking can be cramped and difficult, varying with each wave. Whether cooking for one or an entire crew, at the dock or in open waters, a reliable recipe can make galley cookery easier and more enjoyable.
With this in mind Torresen Marine is requesting your tried and true galley recipes for our new monthly feature, Galley Ho. Cruisers and racers alike are invited to send recipes, including personal anecdotes and any applicable photos. Each month one recipe will be chosen from the batch and we will print it, credited to you, the cook on board.
Please send your name, vessel name and model, recipe, anecdote and images to Galley Ho.
Our very own shipping and receiving clerk, Melissa Avery, submitted this month's recipe. Melissa's vessel may be a tent, but we felt that her recipe was just as useful on board as in camp.
ZipLoc ® Omelets
Large or Extra Large Eggs
Chopped Green Pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
2. Have crew write their name on a quart sized ZipLoc ® freezer bag with a permanent marker.
3. Crack 2 eggs (and no more than 2) into bag and shake to break them down.
4. Add a variety of optional ingredients, i.e. ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, etc., and seal bag.
5. Place bag in boiling water for 13 minutes.
6. Remote bag from water, cut open and serve.
Mail (will not be published) (required)