Selling your sailboat is a complex transaction, with lots of steps between the first interest and the final closing and delivery. Let the brokerage professionals at Torresen Marine assist you in finding a buyer for your sailboat.
Yacht brokers work much like real estate agents. They are agents whom people consult to find and purchase a boat, and whom people hire to list, represent, and sell boats for them. Traditionally, the seller pays the commissions that a yacht broker earns; yet the brokers have a duty to both buyer and seller in every transaction. Listed below are many of the ways the Torresen Marine Brokerage department can assist you in selling your boat.
1. Professional “know how”: Torresen brokers understand the principles of the brokerage profession. Documents such a Statements of Origin, Security Agreements, Bills of Sale, Transfer of Title of documented boats, as well as Agency Contracts, Listing Agreements, Closing Statements, and Escrow Accounts will be used when appropriate.
2. Determining a Fair Asking Price: To ensure a timely sale, it is essential to ask a fair price. Torresen brokers have access to data from their central agency connections and national network of corresponding brokers. This information is not available to the public, but is necessary to make good decisions.
3. Preparing the Listing for the Public: Torresen brokers will prepare the listing for distribution in various electronic and print media, for distribution to clients and other brokers. Distribution of information will be through multiple tools of online services such as Yacht World, Boat trader Online and others. This will also include the multiple listing services that are available.
4. Preparing the Sailboat: Torresen brokers will advise of any improvements that should be made to compete within today’s market, identify possible problems and solutions.
5. Surveys and Orientation Sails: Torresen brokers will help you determine how any discovered deficiencies from a survey of your boat should be addressed in the purchase negotiations. They will also take part in the vessel’s orientation sail with the new owner to ensure a smooth delivery.
6. The Art of Negotiating the Deal: The Torresen broker can use his position as a middleman to keep the negotiations between the buyer and seller moving to a successful conclusion.
New listings are always welcome at Torresen Marine. Next month we will discuss buying a boat.
Mail (will not be published) (required)